Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Friday, October 11, 2013

The writing area

I see it's often referred to as a cave, but that sounds simply to unpleasant; like one of those locations I'd have in one of my books for torture. I have a writing area and it tends to move from place to place in my home. It's really fueled by what I need to get accomplished and my mood for the day.

Truth be, I believe that writing, for an author, should be pleasant. It's what we love to do. So why call our writing location a cave? It should be comfortable and fun for us. Help us to relax, motivate us, inspire us.

I have plush pillows and soft blankets. They're great for winter writing while sitting beside your window watching the snow fall. Winter's actually the best time to write as well, you're not missing the sun. Well, not the overly warm summer sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment