Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#AtoZChallenge #Theme #SerialKIllers A




Alexander Pichushkin

Alexander Yuryevich “Sasha” Pichushkin (Russian, born 9 April 1974 in Mytishchi, Moscow Oblast), also known as The Chessboard Killer and The Bitsa Park Maniac, is a Russian serial killer known to have murdered at least 48 people. He is believed to have killed up to 61–63 people in southwest Moscow’s Bitsa Park, where several of the victims’ bodies were found.

9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing who else you post about over the month. What draws you to killers? I've always had a fascination for them myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cassie, I'm working on a Q&A post for next Sunday (not the 6th) - so I'll include this there :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome Abbye to the A to Z Challenge! Wow! Great fodder for a writer like me. I remember when this was on the news. It was big news, at least for a few days. I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it all so interesting. A bit demented, but interesting.

      Delete
  3. I really need to know how his murders earned him the "chessboard" nickname! Scary!

    Alex Hurst, fantasy author in Japan. "B is for Books" is my current post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a Q&A post for next Sunday (not the 6th) - so I'll include this there :)

      Delete
  4. I enjoy reading about serial killers and this is one I actually haven't heard of before.

    ~Patricia Lynne~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, YA Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unbelievable how many there really are that we've likely never heard of. This research has been absolutely fantastic.

      Delete
  5. This is a fascinating and complex serial killer. He originally had some weird fetish about long hair. I loved the story of this guy. He killed a long time before he was caught.
    Lexa Cain’s Blog

    ReplyDelete