Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Monday, April 14, 2014

#AtoZChallenge #Theme #SerialKillers L


Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos, aka “The Beast” (“The Beast”) or “Tribilin” (Latin American Spanish translation of the Disney “Goofy”) (born January 25, 1957 in Genova, Quindio, Colombia) is Colombia’s rapist and serial murderer. In 1999, “I rape and murder” admitted Luis Garavito to the deaths of young people totaling 140. The number of victims, based on the location of the skeletons that appear on maps Garavito drew in prison, could exceed 300. It has been described by local media as “the worst serial murderer in the world” by the high number of victims.

6 comments:

  1. I watch every serial killer and true crime documentary I can find and never heard of this guy. wow! He was prolific!
    (new follower)
    Lexa Cain’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really frightening. 300 victims. sad. I never heard of him either.

    Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... over 300! I think that's the highest number I've heard for a killer. Even 140 is super high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sick! Although I always think that we should study these people rather than have them put to death, y'know? Sounds like this guy is still alive. I hope someone puts him in an MRI machine and that we can learn from him so we can prevent this kind of atrocity - at least sometimes.

    You might actually be interested in my A to Z post for the day. It's about a Murder Memorial in Texas - the only one of its kind in the USA.

    ~Tui Snider~
    @TuiSnider on Twitter
    My blog: Tui Snider's Offbeat & Overlooked Travel
    I am also part of the #StoryDam team, a friendly writing community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to say that I am impressed. But I am and I hate it. These beings are not impressive. I am fascinated, because in some ways I want to understand how you can do this. But I am not impressed....
    With great respect! A.

    ReplyDelete