Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Why I Avoid The #Writer Side of Things

I like to write. Obviously. But I also avoid all the silliness of it. The worry over who might be better than you or who is worse, yet gets more sales and attention.
It's the easiest way to lose focus of what's important.
Wait? I hear you. Isn't selling important?
Yes, it is, but it can't consume you. So many bad mouth other authors and reviewers. In the same hand, many reviewers bad mouth authors.
Seriously. Just don't play into it.

The numbers game-leave it alone. Don't watch sales daily, don't worry about who's ranked higher than you.

What am I going to do?

Write the best book I can. Hope my editors are perfect. And write for me, not a certain audience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment