Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#TeaserTuesday #11 - Demolition Mafia

This is part 2 of 4 in the Teaser Tuesday segment featuring my soon to be released (date to be determined but before end of year) controversial book.



"We need someone that can really enforce. My brother is no light weight to go up against." Gracie paused with a sigh. "As tough as Rex is...well, he just won't be enough. And if we lose out to Jarvick and lose Rex in the process, my name will become a joke."

"Do you really want to go against your brother?"

"You're the one who turned on him to come work for me, Khayne."

"I did. You were...different." Khayne paused, choosing his words carefully. "Jarvick has crossed lines - lines his club can never come back from. You aren't that, Gracie. What we've been doing is safer for all of us. There are only a few clubs in Jarvick's league, mostly because other clubs fear it. And rightly so. It's like you lose your..." Khayne allowed his sentence to go unfinished and went back to cleaning his gun.

"Khayne, finish your sentence."

"My humanity was leaving me, Gracie. No one should be asked to do, or even to witness, some of the things that have become normal in Jarvick's world."


"You're saying my brother is a monster?" Gracie raised an eyebrow.

"Now, Gracie." Khayne knew through it all that Jarvick was still her brother. Blood and hatred ran deep in the Pavlovic family.

"Answer me."

"God damn, Gracie. I'm sorry, but yes, your brother is a monster. The worst kind. Worse than any nightmare you could ever dream up." Khayne watched as a smile slowly came across Gracie's face.

"You'll have to teach me to be an even bigger monster, Khayne."
“What?” Gracie held his gaze. “I left to not become a monster and now you’re telling me to?”
“You’ve been a family friend for as long as I can remember. So, no. I am not telling you. I’m asking. You’re free to leave the club if you wish.” Gracie paused a moment, wondering about the repercussions of her statement. The guys would have a fit if she just let him walk considering what he knew. “Or, you can stay and create a monster of the both of us.”
Khayne ran his hand through his hair. “You’ll need Christian.” He knew his agreement seemed reluctant and hell, it was. But they’d need help to take on Jarvick.
Gracie looked confused.
“As your top enforcer, I’d hire him. Keep Rex and…” Khayne hesitated. Knowing the weight his next words would place on him. He’d be in too deep to ever be able to look back or claw his way out. “And you’ll need me to enforce as well.”

There. He’d said it. It was done. No way to ever turn back now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment