Abbye learned to speak Croatian at a young age with her step-grandfather who took a boat across the sea to come to the United States when he was fourteen years old. Her sense of family and missing the old times with her grandfather prompted her to write her first book about a Croatian motorcycle club in the US.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

#TeaserTuesday #12 - Demolition Mafia

This is part 3 of 4 in the Teaser Tuesday segment featuring my soon to be released (date to be determined but before end of year) controversial book.



“Khayne here. I’m with…”
“I know who you are.” The deep voice on the other end of the phone was as cold as ice. Christian. “What do you want?”
“I was hoping you’d be in need of a permanent home.”
“You know I don’t do permanent.”
“We’re aren’t getting any younger, man. Any chance you could be convinced?”
Christian ignored the question. “You work for Jarvick’s little sister.  A woman.” Christian made the words sound as though they hurt to speak. As though he were being tortured as they came through his lips.
“Yes.”
“Why me?”
“You really need to ask? Jarvick is a monster. Gracie needs a bigger one.”
The laugh rom Christian was nothing short of pure evil. He’d worked hard or his reputation and seemed to never regret a moment of it. “Why do you let her run this? Get your sacks back and be men. Take over. Then you won’t need me at all.”
“Gracie is…different. She’s got something.”
“She doesn’t need to hire a monster. She needs to be one. She can’t rely on others to do her dirty work for her. No one likes a boss that won’t get their hands in the mix.” Christian paused. “Can she do that, Khayne? Because if she can’t, we’ll all end up dead.”
“Gracie will either become that monster or she’ll leave for good.”
“Blood on her hands yet?”
“Nothing significant.”
“You guys protect her. Let me guess, someone else makes the tough calls?”
            “Suppose we do.”
            “Jesus Christ. I don’t think I want to be a part of what you’ve gotten yourself into. Personally, I think you should have stayed in with Povlovic. He’s a mean son of a bitch, but he takes the rap for his decisions. And I don’t think that guy was clean at all after he turned thirteen. His old man saw to it that he had a backbone. Still, I am somewhat curious. How much and how long?”
            “What’s your price? Gracie needs a number one. Permanently.”

            “More than one?” Christian’s curiosity peaked, but he knew now was not the time. “Nevermind.” He named a price, a rather high one even for him and they set up their meeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment